- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: www.gooienvechthistorisch.nl (SAGV032.3)
Dagblad de Gooi en Eemlander was founded in 1870 by Johannes Gerardts as a weekly newspaper. It has been published as a daily newspaper since 1922. In 1918 the office was established in a shop house on the Groest, which was renovated by W. Hamdorff. In 1928, J. van Laren designed a new office building for the daily newspaper De Gooi en Eemlander in the style of the Amsterdam School.
The entrance is emphasized by natural stone. The colored stained glass windows depict different phases of the printing process and are manufactured by Winkelman in Amsterdam. The interior was also designed by Van Laren. The desk was located between the lobby for the public and the office. This consisted of a marble top mop a wooden base with cabinets. It had iron gates and attachments on it, with lettering for the various departments, such as advertisements.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Groest 21, Hilversum