- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
A schoolhouse for the Godelindeschool was built in 1904 in the northwestern villa area. The construction was commissioned by Mejonkvrouwe Baronesse N.E. Mulert and Mrs. G.J. Thomassen. The appearance of buildings with a function other than residential was very common in the green environment, which had a beneficial and calming effect.
The Godelinde School stands out because of the use of red brick and the regularity of the rod distribution in the windows. The building has been extensively expanded several times, in 1919 by E. Verschuyl, in 1928 by J.W. Hanrath and his son J.D. Hanrath.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Mozartlaan 6, Hilversum