- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
The pavilions for the patients consisted of two wings with rooms and a central conversation room. The beds could be moved through the patio doors to the outdoor area on the sunny side. The corridors were on the north side.
When the Dresselhuys Pavilion was completed in 1931, it became clear that not only aftercare patients came to Zonnestraal, but also the more seriously ill and bedridden. The pavilion was expanded with a manually operated bed lift and a staircase. The dimensions of the concrete structures are based on a module of 1.5 metres. The wooden concrete formwork could be removed three weeks earlier with a floor span of up to three meters. This resulted in a faster construction method.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Loosdrechtse Bos 17, Hilversum