- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
On March 26, 1871, the Hilversum Department of the Dutch Lutheran Society for Internal and External Missions was founded. From 1913 to 1923, the De Vereeniging building on the Oude Enghweg was used. Because they came under the municipality of Naarden-Bussum, it was not possible to acquire a church building of its own. This was not yet financially possible. In order to achieve this goal, the branch municipality of Hilversum was established in 1915.
In 1926 the branch municipality of Hilversum became independent. In 1922 a plot of land on Bergweg was bought and architect Dullaart was commissioned to design a church building. The symmetrically designed front facade is dominated by the top facade with extensive roof surfaces. The roof extension is accentuated by sculptures. The double wooden entrance door in the middle is framed by a stepped round arch. Tall vertical windows above them contain colored stained glass windows. The horizontally closed square bell tower rises to the right. In 1980, after a thorough restoration, the Weidtmann organ from 1750 was taken into use elsewhere.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Bergweg 6, Hilversum