- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: www.gooienvechthistorisch.nl (SAGV032.2)
In the vicinity of the Minister Park, villa construction started around 1875, mainly along existing roads to the engen and commons, such as the Melkpad, the Oude Enghweg and the Koninginneweg. In 1897 the Bouwmaatschappij Hilversum of the De Groot brothers developed a small villa park between the Melkpad and the Koninginneweg.
Originally it was intended that only the outer shell of the egg-shaped Minister Park would be built on with double villas and a few single villas. Ultimately, the central area was also involved in the exploitation. The surrounding areas are now also referred to as Minister Park.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Melkpad, de Oude Enghweg and Koninginneweg, Hilversum