- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
The former toll house is located at the junction of Soestdijkerstraatweg and Utrechtseweg at the end of Emmastraat. The toll house is of simple, neoclassical architecture. One storey on the rectangular floor plan was closed off by a tile-covered saddle roof with profiled roof molding. The wooden frames had windows with rod divisions. In 1899 the toll was placed more than 1 kilometer away (near Heideveld). The old toll booth was then used as a café. Later, the building was greatly expanded. In 1931 the tolls on the road from ‘s-Graveland to Soestdijk were abolished.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Soestdijkerstraatweg 2, Hilversum