- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
The Liberal Protestant Radio Broadcasting Company (VPRO) was founded in 1926. The name was changed in 1968 to Omroep Vereniging VPRO. In 1931, the VPRO bought the first neo-Renaissance villa on ‘s-Gravelandseweg. Over the years, other villas of the ensemble, including Lindeheuvel, were also purchased. These villas were designed around 1893 by J.W. Meijer commissioned by A. van Delden. The VPRO had the architectural firm MVRDV design a new building, which was built in 1997 on the Media Park under the name Villa-VPRO. This gave the VPRO its own building for the first time.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
’s-Gravelandseweg 63-73, Hilversum