- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
The Adventist Church of the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination was inaugurated on November 1, 1967. The simple architecture of the building, consisting of a few rectangular building parts placed against each other, made of brick and equipped with gable-high ladder-shaped windows, is reminiscent of reconstruction architecture. The map is also simple. The spacious rectangular church hall, which is situated above a basement, has a podium in which the basin for baptism is located. In the basement there is a game and hobby room and several meeting rooms.
The church was designed by the Bureau voor architectuur en stedebouw P. van Loo en S. van der Mei bv., founded in 1937 in Groningen. Pieter van Loo (1905-1991) was involved in the reconstruction as an architect. In this period, together with Sikke van der Mei (1920-2003), he designed many church buildings in and around Groningen and in the Noordoostpolder. Van Loo was also an artist and a member of the Groningen artists’ association De Ploeg.
Boomberglaan 6, Hilversum