- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: www.gooienvechthistorisch.nl (SAGV032.3)
The weaving mills were traditionally located on the grounds behind the buildings on the streets, such as Kerkstraat, Langgewenst, Groest and Veerstraat in the center. Chimneys betrayed their place. One of the oldest weaving mills in the center, the Mata-de Wit-Weverij, was housed in the Veneta company over the Spoor around 1966 to make way for the reconstruction of the center. In 1978 N.V. Veneta went bankrupt. The complex was demolished in the 1980s. There are no traces left of the carpet factories and weaving mills. The last factory in the center was demolished in 1988.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Oosterengweg, Hilversum (demolished in 1980's)