- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Poto: www.gooienvechthistorisch.nl (SAGV032.2)
The cantonal court was built in 1963 on the site of Villa Limborg. The building is located in a park-like local widening of the ‘s-Gravelandseweg and on a natural elevation. The floor plan has a T-shape. The expressive end facade rests on columns. The lower tail is slid underneath and disappears into the trees behind. The long floating rectangle of the end wall is asymmetrically constricted at the top. The slopes of the constriction are extended into the roof slope of the office wing behind it. The side walls are fitted with window strips. The cantonal court was inaugurated in 1966.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
's-Gravelandseweg 59, Hilversum