- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: www.gooienvechthistorisch.nl (SAGV032.8)
Through the tree-lined driveway you reach the farm complex on the meadow behind it. Within this meadow is the Monnikenplas. Waters like this were used in the past as drinking water and as a place for the sheep. That’s why there were paths leading to it.
The complex is located in the vicinity of the monastery building De Stad Gods of the sisters Auginesses of St. Monica. Originally, the complex belonged to the adjacent Heidepark estate, later it was included in the Monnikenberg estate. The complex consists of a farmhouse and a barn, built in neoclassical style with half-timbered elements.
The farmhouse on a rectangular plan has plastered facades under a high and far overhanging thatched saddle roof. The facades are articulated by corner pillars, plinth and facade edges. Wooden elements, such as wind struts and braces to support the roof, are made of decorative carving. In the extension to the front facade, the double wooden door is framed by lisenen. The carved balustrade of the balcony rests on a toothed frame and partly twisted columns. Four styles carry the boarding under the gable roof above the balcony. The plastered front part of the barn also features carved elements. The overhanging roof molding with a broker rests on double, cut braces that are placed at the top of the corner pilasters. The top facade is covered with boarding.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
Soestdijkerstraatweg 145, Hilversum