- About Dudok
- Architecture by Dudok
- Architecture Hilversum
- About DAC
Photo: Dudok Architectuur Centrum
When the old station building was demolished in 1990, the roof of the second platform from 1892 remained intact. The hood rests on cast-iron openwork trestles and columns and was manufactured by the company D.A. Schretlen and Co. from Leiden. This firm specialized in ornamental castings for construction, for cast iron bridges and for lighthouses.
Source: Annette Koenders, Hilversum. Architectuur en Stedenbouw 1850-1940, Zwolle (2001).
NS Station Hilversum